IoSense demonstrators consist of different contributions and features, which are united to build a demonstrator. Subsequent information provides an overview about the goal and aspirations of each demonstrator, the addressed key application areas and the involved consortium members, as well as integrated components, that are developed by consortium members. Potential future application areas and expected results illustrate the extensive possibilities for the results of the project.
Key application area: Smart System Integration
Participants: IFAT, TUG
- NFC configuration
- Application system
- Mobile communication tool
TrustWorSys enables a secure and wireless configuration of components for the IoT, by combining a secure NFC configuration element running on mobile devices, cloud-based server backend and a configuration language to provide extended interoperability for IoT applications.
- Configuration management of embedded systems
- Combination of safety and security
- Energy efficiency by power-aware design process
- Fast and secure configuration of production systems
- NFC enables secure communication with distributed systems
- Configure Smart Home sensors/system with NFC-enabled smartphone
- Running implementation of configurable system
Participants: TU-DELFT, TUD
- Light components
- Software toolbox
- Fog infrastructure
The IoSense demonstrator Smight impacts the Society application domain by enabling and advancing concepts for Lighting, particularly with regard to self-adaptive systems, prognostics, failure prediction and preventive maintenance resulting in substantial cost savings.
- Predictive maintenance (cost effective) by adding various types of sensors
- Handle potentially personal data with different security and privacy constraints
- Software toolbox
- Different professional lighting applications (public lighting, office, industry and retails lighting
- Safe costs by reducing number of times maintenance company must replace lights
- Only use light sources when necessary (check occupancy)
- Smart Factory – only enable lights for maintenance engineers when necessary
- Running prototype of sensor and light-based product with performance monitoring
Fine Dust Sensor
Key application area: Smart Health
- Dust sensor
The IoSense demonstrator FiDuSens impacts the improvement of health care in urban environments in Europe.
- Detection of fine dust air pollution
- Air Management system
- Air Quality system
- Ambient monitoring
- Workplace monitoring
- Benefit kit/Weather stations
- Cost effective dust sensor for fine dust measurement in rooms
Advanced Control for energy efficient Smart Energy Systems
Key application area: Smart Energy
Participants: AMS, FB, CTTC, IFAT, IQU, SIEMENS
- Gas sensor
The IoSense demonstrator AdCon offers new approaches for sustainable energy generation, reduction and management in energy efficient buildings for urban environments in Europe.
- Indoor air quality
- Improve HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) capabilities of buildings to reduce energy consumption
- Air quality and gas monitoring for an intelligent building management
- Working sensor to demonstrate, characterize and evaluate functionality of sensor network
Intelligent perception and decision making
Key application area: Smart Mobility
Participants: AIT, CSIC, IFAT, IMEC, INTEGRASYS, TECNALIA, VIF
- Physical components
Active perception sensor system focused on urban efficiency enhancement.
- Advancing Internet of Vehicle (IoV) by creating IoT ecosystem based on trust, interoperability and security
- Enables progress on high performance information processing through data fusion algorithms that combine V2V and V2I
- Design, test and integrate high performance embedded platform to identify optimum driving condition of highly automated vehicle by data processing and fusion of sensor data from all V2X IoT sensors
- Driving assistance
- Parking assistance
- enhanced perception and risk estimation due to
- integrated LiDAR System without mechanically moving parts
- time-of-flight demonstrator based on off-the-shell detectors
Sensor Functions for Process Technologies
Key application area: Smart Production
Participants: ANDRITZ, IFAT
- Sensor system
The IoSense demonstrators in the domain of Smart Production display advantages of innovative system solutions using multiple types of sensors such as temperature, pressure/vacuum, mass, optical detection, force in the machine building industries.
- General multi-channel wireless sensor system
- Sensor types
- Force / pressure
- Force / deformation
- Gripping applications with force/pressure sensor
- Joining applications with force/pressure sensor
- Flow meter sensor
- Working demonstrator enabling integrating and characterizing sensor functions for process technologies
ANDRITZ Smart Industrial Technology Universal Sensor
Key application area: Smart Production
The IoSense demonstrators in the domain of Smart Production displays advantages of innovative system solutions using multiple types of sensors such as temperature, pressure/vacuum, mass, optical detection, force in the machine building industries.
Focus on sensor types:
- Power supply
Machinery with embedded sensor to be more efficient, relievable, and sustainable.
Reconfigurable Instrument Control for Unit for Earth Observation
Essential capabilities: Smart System Integration
- Algorithms and Software
This demonstrator will implement a reconfigurable instrument control unit for on earth observation missions. This device will implement IoSense developments into a reconfigurable unit that will be able to adapt to the sensor configuration of the satellite as well as to the variations in the environmental conditions of the satellite including radiation effects or link availability with ground networks.
- Process 3D images at real-time and apply computer vision to extract features while recovering from failures
- Use in space
HW test beds and integrated breadboard with IoSense sensors, that is tests in reprsentative conditions.
High Throughput Raman Spectrometer
Leverage 200 mm wafer scale Photonics Platform to realize integrated spectrometer.
- Compact Raman spectrometer-on-a-chip
- Comparable performance at a fraction of current cost and size